TireHawk is the best choice of TPMS!
|1. Wireless Gateway Setup|
Connect the USB cable to the mini USB interface of the Wireless Gateway by the mini USB end and connect to the Type A USB interface of the car charger by the Type A USB end; and then plug the car charger to the cigarette lighter socket of your car. The Wireless Gateway is considerately designed with one additional USB interface for the standard 5V output power, which you can use to charge your 3C products.
|2. Sensor Installation|
Each sensor has individual color collar to identify the wheel position, during the installation, please follow instruction manual for each wheel position. Here is sensor map. Tire 1 sensor is Front Left Tire with RED, Tire 2 is Front Right with YELLOW, Tire 3 is Rear Left Tire with GREEN, and Tire 4 is Rear Right Tire with BLUE.
- RED collar Sensor : Place on the Front Left tire
- YELLOW collar Sensor : Place on the Front Right tire
- GREEN collar Sensor : Place on the Rear Left tire
- BLUE collar Sensor : Place on the Rear Right tire
The installation of TireHawk TB-I04C product is very professional and need special tool and facilities. We strongly suggest you to find the experienced technician of the qualified tire store to do the job. Here are the steps:
A. Disassemble the wheel from the car.
B. Deflate the disassembled wheel.
C. Disassemble the wheel. Use tire changer to take apart the tire and rim.
D. Take out the old valve from rim.
E. Remove the valve cap and rim screw nut.
F. Install the sensor onto the rim, please refer to the following illustration for installation direction.
G. Place the rubber O ring and plastic spacer well and then fix the sensor on the rim by screwing the rim nut onto the sensor. Please make sure no exceeding force to avoid the sensor damage.
H. Install the tire on the rim steps are as following (Precaution：Avoid the tire bead touching the sensor.)
(1) Place the rim on the tire changer and make sure the sensor is on the right side approximately 2 o’clock position then install the tire properly in clock wise direction. As the picture shown.
(2) Refitting the tire bead, please place the sensor approximately 7 o’clock position as the picture shown.
I. Power on the Wireless Gateway nearby the tire sensor. Run TireHawk App and connect WiFi to the Wireless Gateway. Use tire changer to fit the tire on the rim,then inflate the tire with standard tire pressure. TireHawk App will show the real tire pressure value.
J. Make balancing testing and correcting for wheel on the balancing machine.
K. Install the wheel on the car.
- It is necessary to ask for the assistance from a professional for the tire installation.
- It needs to adjust the tire position to fit or disassemble the tire, so that the sensor can be kept away from the running location of the tire changer to prevent any damages on the sensor.
- Every sensor has its separately specific marking for different tire position, please make sure to install the sensor to each tire in order.
- Install sensor battery:
(1) Remove 6 screws on the battery cover then take out the lithium battery and rubber gasket.
(2) Place new lithium battery (negative side down) put back the rubber gasket and sensor cover.
|3. Network Setting (optional)|
TireHawk system supports the following situations:
TireHawk App of the smartphone directly connects to Wireless Gateway, That way the smartphone cannot access Internet.This works for both Android and iOS systems. If you don’t have strong demand on Internet access when driving, we strongly recommend that you choose Situation 1, which provides more simple and reliable connection between your TireHawk App and the Wireless Gateway.
The smartphone with 3G becomes the router with WiFi Hotspot activated. The TireHawk App is installed in another tablet. Both tablet and Wireless Gateway are connected to the 3G router via WiFi. So the tablet can get the tire pressure data update and access Internet at the same time. This works for both Android and iOS systems.
The smartphone with 3G and TireHwk App can get the update from Wireless Gateway and Internet access at the same time.
For the users without the demand of Internet access when driving the car, Situation 1 is most suggested. Moreover, With the TireHawk APP Version 2.70.00 or later, Situation 3 can work for iPhone users. Here are the setup steps:
(1) If you want to go to Situation 2, you must connect TireHawk App to the Wireless Gateway well first, that is, Situation 1. And tehn turn on the WiFi Hotspot of the 3G smartphone; If you want to go to Situation 3, you cannot turn on WiFi Hotspot now.
(2) Utilize TireHawk App to configure the WiFi Setting of the Wireless Gateway:
※ Go to the Network Setting of the TireHawk App Setting Page first.
※ Fill in the SSID name. Note that the wireless gateway cannot recognize “space” character of the SSID. If any, please rename your SSID first.
※ Select the encryption method. You need to check the setting of your smart phone, usually WPA2 (AES).
※ Enter the password. The password is the one you set up for your WiFi Hotspot.
(3) Press “Activate” button, the system will restart. For Situation 2, it will work when App restarts. For Situation 3, Android users need to turn on WiFi Hotspot now and then start the App, then it will work. For iOS users, you must go to the Settings Page of the TireHawk App to click “Exit App”, and temporarily turn off the WiFi of other smartphone or pad if any. Then you turn on the WiFi Hotspot and wait until there shows 1 connection status with blue background on the to of the screen. After that, you can open the TireHawk App, and it will work.
1. If there is typo and you apply the setting to the Wireless Gateway, you cannot connect it. Now you need to press the button 5 times continuously, and you will find the middle indicator is fast flashing green light for 5 seconds, then the Wireless Gateway goes back to the default network setting.
Go to the WiFi setup page of your smart phone and you will see TireHawk. Connect TireHawk and then you can repeat Steps to set up the network again. Note that you must click the button of Back to Default Connection Type in Network Setting of the TireHawk App in iOS system to make it work. It is not necessary for Android system.
2. If the TireHawk logo of the App cannot become bright after you activate the network setting, it means that the connection between the Wireless Gateway and TireHawk App through the WiFi Hotspot fails. Please follow the steps below:
(1) It probably takes more time to get the connection ready through WiFi Hotspot. So please wait for 10 seconds after the App restarts.
(2) If there happens the message window of Connection Fails, please exit the App to go to WiFi setup. Check if it connects to the correct WiFi Hotspot (SSID).
(3) If the SSID is correct, take a look at the blue LED indicator of the Wireless Gateway. If the blue LED fast flashes, it means that the Wireless Gateway does not connect to the Hotspot successfully. You need to go back to the default point-point connection type, that is, Situation 1, by pressing the button of the Wireless Gateway 5 times continuously and then the middle LED indicator fash flashes for green. For the TireHawk App installed in iOS system, you must click the functional button of Back To Default Connection Type of the Network Setting to complete the process. After that, you can connect to Wireless Gateway (TireHawk) directly by TireHawk App installed in the smartphone. And then repeat the network setting again
(4) If the blue LED flashes slowly, please try to turn off the WiFi Hotspot and then turn on it, and make sure if the connection from the smartphone with TireHawk App installed to the Hotspot is correct. Open TireHawk App and wait for 10 seconds to see if the logo becomes bright. If not, you may try again. If still not work, you can try step (3) to get back to Situation 1 and repeat the network setting.
(5) Though WiFi is a standard connection, it still differs a little with firmware design, which might result in the problem with WiFi connection between Wireless Gateway and the Hotspot. When it happens, you may try different Hotspot.
3. Situation 2 works fine. However, if TireHawk logo cannot become bright when you start the car next time. Please wait around 10 seconds after you open the App. If there shows the message window of the “Connection Fails”, please check Please wait around 10 seconds after you get back to Situation 1 as step (3) in No. 2. If it slowly flashes, please turn off the Hotspot and turn on it, and make sure if the connection from the smartphone with TireHawk App installed to the Hotspot is correct. Open TireHawk App and wait for 10 seconds to see if the logo becomes bright.
4. If you install the TireHawk App in iOS system and want to get back from Situation 2 Hotspot connection to Situation 1 point-to-point connection, remember to click the button of Back to Default Connection Type in Network Setting of the TireHawk App, in addition to press the Wireless Gateway button 5 times continuously. After the App restarts and wait for 10 seconds, Situation 1 (the point-to-point connection) should be ok. It is not necessary for Android system.
5. For Situation 3, iOS users must click “App Exit” of TireHawk App after you activate the network settings, and make sure that the Wireless Gateway connects to the Hotspot first.